Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Three and Me

The kid's and I were having a restless day, our answer? We packed a lunch and headed to the snow. We ended up at Belknap Springs, a few miles up the McKenzie River. The first photos are the children skipping stones at a wayside on the way. I know there are a lot of them, I just loved them, they were having such a joyous time. Every photo makes me smile.




















After the wayside ,we moved on down the road, ending at Belknap Springs, This is an area of natural hot springs, with a beautiful lodge, cabins, and many other amenities.  http://www.belknaphotsprings.com/
http://www.mckenziehotspringscottage.com/history.htm
 There are several undeveloped hot springs in our area as well, it is beautiful country.



















Favorite seating for a picnic in the winter, drive to wherever we want, keep warm and enjoy each other and the view. Almost home and what a sunset.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of such sweet, beautiful children, Jan! You made my day!
    Blessings to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha, we had a wonderful time, I'm glad you enjoyed our adventure.

      Delete
  2. FABULOUS... ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! I have a few favorites; the one of your grand-daughter walking in the snow (the first one) is beautiful (love it) and the up-close of your grand-son from behind with that cute hat is adorable. But, then again they are all wonderful... such lovely moments.

    Oh and the oldest, in the snow with short sleeves cracked me up. I'd be covered in one of those winter weather suits from head to toe. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mommetime; We had a blast, just us, the snow and river.

      Delete
  3. Loved the defiant picture toward the end, her pink boots, the look on her face - strength. Of course, the escaping from the stroller was priceless. All in all - beautiful day spent and lovely photos of the family. You've captured their essence so well, even when they are posing, they are real.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Brenda, It was an awesome day, we needed the break that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like everyone had a great time! I love getting the kids outside and into the fresh air. That's where memories are made.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, Yes we had a wonderful time. Getting them outdoors is key in our survival, discovering wonders together is what keeps us all humble. We made lots of memories, you are so right.

      Delete
  6. Jan, you have such a gift for capturing moments. You're also good at creating those moments with your precious family. Thank you for sharing them with me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leah, We had an awesome time and even little one enjoyed the snow, well for a minute. He didn't like the feel of it while walking , at all. <3

      Delete
  7. so sweeeeeeeeet!!! MWAH!
    -Portia

    ReplyDelete

I hope you all enjoy these photos as much as I do taking them. Children are a wonder, I love trying to capture a bit of that. Please leave a comment and let me know you were here.